Wednesday, March 20, 2013


I GOT A ROCK

What would you expect a bald Geology teacher to say when he walks into class holding a bag in his hands?

Well, forget about it.  This Charlie Brown moment only happened in my head.  Too bad though, I think Professor Marx missed his moment for stand-up comedy.

Half the time I am the only one who has a question and Professor Marx loves questions.  In fact, he starts out every class, “Does anyone have a question?”   Sometimes I ask one to mask the fact that I didn’t read the material but I still want to impress him that I’m interested in rocks.  Other times, I really am baffled.  But then I’m afraid that asking my question will hit Professor Marx’ re-set button at which point he will start at the very beginning again when the earth was a hot ball, cooling from the outside-in, over 4.5 billion years ago.  

So here’s what I’ve got so far:

The study of Geology is a crash course in sediments where information accumulates, layers, shifts, solidifies then makes me question the ground I stand (or sit) on.





No comments:

Post a Comment